Pages

.


.


SMOKED STUFFED JALEPENO PEPPERS

views the best pictures


Ingredients
  
Whole Jalapeno Peppers
Shredded Colby Jack Cheese Cream Cheese
Bacon
Toothpicks

I began by halving the jalapeno peppers.
If you take a look inside the pepper you'll see a bunch of seeds and a white colored "membrane" running down the inside of the pepper. The seeds and membrane are where the spice is located. So if you are afraid of spice I'd advise you to remove every single seed and every bit of membrane. I wanted some spice so not only did I leave some membrane, I also reserved some of the seeds and added them to the cheese mixture. It is also a very good idea to wear some latex gloves while you are doing this. 

After shredding the Colby jack cheese I placed it into a bowl. The quantity of cheese is going to depend on the amount of peppers you are making. I roughly eyeballed this because I only had 4 peppers (8 halves). I wanted more Colby jack cheese than cream cheese. In other words, you could try 2/3 cup of shredded Colby jack (or more) and 1/3 cup of cream cheese. I took about 10 jalapeno seeds and added them to this cheese mixture and then mashed it all up with a fork. I used a small spoon to stuff the peppers making sure not to stuff them too much to avoid a cheese spill in my smoker. After stuffing the pepper take 1/2 slice of bacon and wrap it around the pepper.

Grill over low heat until the bacon is cooked and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment